Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sew What

I've been mostly horizontal for a day and a half - something I ate, I think. I hope. Now that the system has been purged, so to speak, I am now too weak to do much of anything. But in an effort to remain a functional member of society, I did drag myself off the couch and out from under the cat to fix some tea and to try and stamp something.

As I sat at the Captain's Table, I spied the two negatives from my floofy bird die cuts and decided I needed to save some of the inch or so along the side before I tossed them. Once I had the strips of precious paper, it took me the better part of two hours, but I made two cards:

Yep, this was all because of the 1 1/2" strip of paper I could not bear to throw away. Can you tell I still had that sentiment still out and available? How convenient! ;-)

Here's the other one:

These are the same except this one has a shorter yellow piece. I'd pulled this piece of So Saffron from the Mega Scrap Heap and embossed it, but I soon found out it had stamping on one side of it and I'd embossed the wrong side, so I had to cut it off.

Did you notice something new and different here? I sewed! I DID! I took out my old Kenmore that I got as a wedding present a looooong time ago, and I used it! Obviously, I have a bit of a problem with the corners, but I embellished them in the hope that it looks like I meant to do that.

And ya know what? I might just be bold and enter these two in Dreena's color (colour) challenge since they use the same piece of paper as the others. Yeah, I am SO going to do that! YOU should play, too! You have until the 10th, so come on over and join us!

Now I need a nap. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't throw those scraps away, those cards are wonderful. I do the same thing - save scraps like that. But I rarely use them. The corners of your sewing do make it look like you meant to do that, I think it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIIICE!

    I love the embossing, that paper is amazing, and you know what....YOU SEWED! PLUS, you've used this colour challenge and submitted THREE TIMES, in multiples!

    ...I'm pretty sure you deserve a wonder woman costume or maybe a gold star...you pick :)

    You were right...these are YOUR colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you sewed! I am not that brave but I always love the look!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)