Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

For today's post, I am going to 99.9% copy Lauren's, because, well, because it moved me. Okay, her post did not move me, but the link she posted did.

She linked to Bruce Mau's Incomplete Manifesto for Growth, and she is right: it is definitely worth the 5-minute read.

His points remind me not only of actions I personally have tried to embrace, but they also remind me of other artsy people I know and very much describes how they seem to approach life and art.

So take a few minutes, go read the Bruce Mau piece, think about how how it applies to you and your approach to life and art, then HAVE A GREAT 2010!

Me? I'm gonna go move some furniture.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY!

    isn't it ♥COOL♥ when you're REALLY fired up about something and then other people get excited about it, too?! seriously, of all the things that could go madly viral...this would be one of the VERY best and most constructive, wouldn't it?!

    i am seriously considering making an ATC for each of the 43 points... (alas, i probably don't have the carpals or couch space for that many cushions, lol!) ...maybe a couple per week, so that i can really think about this for THE WHOLE YEAR...let other folk make their "resolutions", *WE* shall have a new year's manifesto!!!

    happy 2010, btw; and may it bring you lots of creative GROWTH...but lots of personal "good" as well!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)