Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Red Box

Back in December, which was LAST YEAR, I attempted to make a box project based on this VERY cool project on Brenda's blog. I wanted The Ladies to see how much fun it was to make, and maybe use it for a holiday gift idea, but well, it just didn't happen.

Fast forward to this weekend, and while sitting at my Captain's Table pondering life's mysteries, and desperately trying to think up another project for my Stamp Camps, which are NEXT SUNDAY, I spied my failed green box, and got a clue. YES, we'll make a red box instead, and make it for Valentine's Day! Wow, I had a PLAN!

Here is the box:

I figured if I'm going to make them construct the box, I'd make the decorating part easy for them. The hearts are actually a single stamp from the new "I {Heart} Hearts" set in the Occasions Mini, and I punched it out with the Three-heart punch. I supposes I could have added a white edge or a Versamarked pattern to the top, but I chose to leave it nekkid.

I was worried that wrapping the ribbon around the top before I stuck it to the top of the box would affect its stick-to-it-ness, but I used red sticky tape, and it's not going anywhere, lemme tell ya.

THEN, to kick it up a notch, and to maybe cut down on the potential whining factor, I included some chocolate:

I grabbed some Hershey's Minis at the store yesterday, and wrapped them with a strip of retired red patterned papers. In this Bad Demo moment, my goal is to illustrate that you can use ANY paper for this - it's just decoration. Plus, I did not buy the new Valentine's Day papers, so I really had no choice.

That's all I have to share today. I plan to go work on Project #4, and maybe make some more Valentine's Cards for my etsy shop.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this little box! Another thought to the decorated paper...the ladies could create their own by stamping randomly on Whisper White.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute box! I'm always too skerd to make anything 3D!! Silly, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice project - kudos to both you and Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little box! And you even put some chocolate inside. Done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can not wait to try these!!! so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)