Sunday, January 24, 2010

Color Inspiration Card

I've been thinking about this color combo since my co-worker picked up her purse, held it next to her sweater, and I made her pose for a pic:


I thought these two colors went together quite well, and decided they needed to be made into a card. I originally called it Teal and Eggplant, but when I got home and got out the card stock, I decided it was more Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry.

One week later ... I am still trying. This is what I just made:


That's Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay, and the top layer is Pale Plum, though my camera refuses to capture them as they really are. What is it with purples and blues that make them so camera-shy? In real life, the 'blue' has a lot more green in it, and the 'purple' has more red. Maybe I should learn how to adjust the camera...

I wanted to use this stamp set on a card for my February Stamp Camps. I think that center panel needs some help, or maybe I need to learn to accept white space. ;-) What do you think?

Okay, I'm off to create some more. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Learn to accept the "white" space. The background is very busy and if you add to the center panel, it will disappear into the card. Of course, this is just my opinion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card colors are even better than your office mate (but I like those too!!! I LOVE eggplant purple card stock.)

    Very pretty, Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)