Saturday, January 23, 2010

Four Baby Peas and a Birthday

Yes, MORE baby cards. This time I was sucked in by the new PTI Baby Button Bits set - too cute! I got not only that set, but a few more, to, well, you know: justify the shipping.

I started to work on the design for this baby card last night, and it finally came together this morning. It incorporates a bunch of things I've wanted to try, too, so it was win-win for me!

Here is the yellow one:

I stamped the pea pod twice using New Leaf ink - once on PTI Spring Moss, and once on the PTI white. I cut out the green one and stuck it onto the white one, giving me the two-tone pea pod, which was my goal. Also, there was NO WAY I was going to cut out those little curly things, so this two-step stampin' effort worked out well for me.

I punched the corners of the white layer with a MS corner punch, then embossed it with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. (I did a controlled test, and it did not seem to matter if I embossed first or punched first. Good to know!) The small white layer is popped up on Dimensionals, and the ribbon conveniently slips under it. These yellow buttons are not PTI, but the ones on the three cards below are from PTI's Holiday Mix.

Here's the pink version:

... and the green version:

On this one, I found I was actually OUT of PTI's Spring Moss dotted ribbon, so I used a piece from my SABLE collection, and I think it goes pretty well.

And here's the blue version:

On all of these, I made the radical decision to NOT adhere the pea pod leaves, so they are loose and add a bit more dimension. Baby cards - done. For now.

THEN, I actually made two cards to use up some PTI paper pieces left from another project:

Simple and to the point. And yes, there is ANOTHER button. I must be on a button kick ... please just bear with me. It shall pass soon enough. I hope.

Wow, it's not yet noon and I've done all of this! Yay! This afternoon I plan to stamp some more, so I hope to have something to show you tomorrow. I also have a color challenge brewing, but it will wait until I get my own cards made for it. It's the right thing to do.

Have a good Saturday, everyone, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love buttons. these are as cute a button hehe. Love the simple elegance of the last one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of my faves here: polka dots, ribbon, swiss dots, Nesties, buttons...

    all fabulous, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)