As usual, I have stuff out all over the Captain's Table, and I get a lot of inspiration that way. For example, I saw a piece of paper in the Memory Box Gossamer papers that I'd tossed on top of the dark brown and dark purple A Muse notes I had in my staging area, and it looked good with BOTH of them. So using them together has been on my mental project list for a while.
Finally, I got to it tonight. Check 'em out:
The paper on the right is the one I've had out for 2 weeks, and the one on the left is another piece from the same pack. I find that purple is very difficult to photograph, and this was no different. This is NOT the true color of the card base. It is a dark purple, but not Eggplant, and not Delphinium, as I tried both of those ribbons and neither one was right, which is why you see green here.
The sentiment is stamped in Choc Chip Craft ink (I FOUND IT! It was cleverly disguised as Burgundy, or so it appeared to me at the time) and embossed with clear EP.
This is the brown version of the same card:
I used some of my S.A.B.L.E. dark brown satin ribbon. Looking at it now, perhaps the green might have been a better choice. ... ... Nah, brown is good.
Oh, look, that green piece was attached a little crooked, and not adequately covered by the ribbon. Carp.
So I got that project out of my system, and I even put everything away when I was done. Crazy, I know!
Tomorrow I plan to work on a custom order and get that out the door next week. I also plan to use some of my vast collection of new stuff and maybe make another easel card. And then there's all those digital images I printed off the other day and have not used yet. Yeah, I think I could stay busy for a few days. :-)
That's all I have for now - thanks for stopping by!