Saturday, August 27, 2011

Die-Cut Tree

One of the Memory Box dies I got is a very-detailed tree, so I decided to use it today and made this card with it:

All the papers are from my Basic Grey oxford 6x6 pack. I cut the tree THREE TIMES before I got one that cut through all those leaves cleanly. My last try was with a shim, and run back and forth 2 or 3 times in both directions. I still had to hand-trim a few of them. I will not be using this die for a VSN card, as it would take me 45 minutes just to cut the tree. ;/

The clouds are cut with an A Muse Studio set of dies, and the sentiment piece is from another set of now-opened Memory Box dies. The sentiment is from an A Muse set.

All the distressing on the sky was already there. Niiice, huh? The hills were cut with the blade from my cutter kit. I outlined the edges of the curves with a brown Memento marker for a little definition.

In other news, it's still just raining, but I've shut down everything extra, like lights in the craft room and kitchen, etc. Dishes and laundry are done, and it's just me and the laptop until bed time. Hopefully I'll wake up to no surprises and I'll get to craft some more.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Your extra efforts paid off. It's lovely. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I hope your power stays on and you wake up tomorrow to clear skies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you may want to put a twitter button to your site. Just marked down the url, but I had to make this by hand. Just my advice.

    My blog:
    preisvergleich internetanbieter und dsl anbieter

    ReplyDelete
  4. oof. ok, see, i saw this and thought "I NEED THAT DIE!!!" but the hijinks with the non-smooth cutting has made me think twice. it is a drop-dead GORGEOUS card, however, and i ♥LOVE♥ it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)