Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jingle Belles Rock #31 - Blue Christmas

This week's challenge over at Jingle Belles Rock is Blue Christmas: make a Christmas card where the main color is blue.

Here's my card:

I remembered this piece of blue paper from one of my Basic Grey Figgy Pudding 12x12 packs. Blue - check. I then went to rummage through my Christmas drawer for an appropriate image and/or sentiment, and I grabbed this Hero Arts wreath. I'm pretty sure I've used it on a Jingle Belles card in the past, but people, it's been 31 weeks! There's gonna be some repetition! :)

The polka-dotted strip is the reverse of the blue paper, and the sentiment is from an SU set I had out for a possible Stamp Camp project (we won't be using the Christmas sentiment next weekend.)

And yeah, I know, I didn't get a good impression with the stamped image, but I tried again and missed again, so I just called it DONE and added a slew of pearls (some blue!) in an attempt to distract you.

That's it! Now get yourself over to Jingle Belles Rock - Blue Christmas and play. There's still time!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful! I love that wreath (I think I need it) and that paper has such an beautiful, soft look to it. A perfect compliment to the wreath and with the pearls, too?! Really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the pearls. I have resisted that HA stamp, but it is so versatile. Gorgeous card, L!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's wrong with REPEATS?!??! i have like 3 xmas dies and i think i've used them at least half a dozen times each ALREADY! and yet i am unrepentant... NAY i am *PROUD*... afterall, that's why i bought them, cause i LIKE them!!! :) :) :)

    you keep rockin' the wreath stamp, missus, and i'll keep ♥LOVING♥ it!!! also i think the "imperfection" of the stamped image... which i had NOT noticed until you pointed it out... so clearly the pearl are WORKING!!!!!!!) :) ...pairs reallllllllly well with the distressy elements of the BG paper! so there! GORGEOUSNESS, for sure, i ♥LOVE♥ this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that wreath and have never inked it up ... but certainly love what you've done with it too ... I thought the double stamping was intentional ... such a cool effect ... and those pearls are the perfect accent ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the wreath is so pretty and works so well on this card - really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so beautiful! I love the color combination and the papers with the wreath stamped... gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty and unique card. Love the colors and the pearls, it works really well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)