Sunday, August 7, 2011

Halloween Sneak Peek

There is a little Bad Demo going on here. First, a sneak peek of one of the new stamps from the upcoming SU Holiday Mini:


Now to explain. You see, I'm trying to be good this year, so I didn't buy everything in the new catalog in July like I usually do. Nope, I've actually cut way back, trying to pace myself. So in July, even though I am in love with this year's Halloween papers, I decided to wait and buy them later.

Along comes the Holiday Mini, and my Demo pre-order, and I got that Halloween stamp. Today when I went to use it, I realized I have no current Halloween papers. :( It's been a few years since I've even bought any SU Halloween papers, and last year I tried to use up what I did have, so I had to resort to using some Basic Grey eerie papers on this card. I KNOW! What's wrong with me?!?!?!

I stamped it on Vanilla with Soft Suede, but I think when I re-do this with SU papers I'll use black ink for the image for more contrast. I used the Aqua Painter and Soft Suede ink to paint the trees, and some Pumpkin Pie ink to paint the pumpkin. I usually don't like the runny-ness of the Aqua Painter, but it worked nicely for this.

Did you notice that moon I tried to do (behind the bat):


Yet another reason the black ink would be better contrast, but still, it was a fun detail to sneak in there. I stamped the image, then put a 3/4" circle over that spot before I sponged around the image with Crumb Cake ink. My Garden Green marker also died, so I'll order a new one when I order some Halloween paper, and then this has potential for a Stamp Camp card for September.

I'm trying to do a few challenges today, so I hope to have some more stampy stuff to post later.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH that is so cute!!! Did I get that stamp??? Surely I did!! off to check!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into Halloween. I know, I know. Sue me. But THERE'S KITTY ON THIS STAMP!!! So cute!!! :) And I love your moon...and the runniness just adds to the overall spooky effect. Love it! (Y'know, if I was into Halloween. Which I'm not.)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)