Tuesday, August 30, 2011

SOS Challenge #15 - Snarky

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is: Sassy, Snarky and LOL. Time to dig out those fun sentiments and images! Or pair something typically not snarky with a sassy saying, or maybe you have some funny family pictures that need a fun layout! Time to put the FUN back in crafting!

Imagine my delight when I saw this challenge in the line-up. :) My only challenge would be which snarky sentiment to use! I started with the 8/24 sketch from Splitcoast:

mostly because it afforded me the opportunity to use a bunch of SU Beau Chateau DSP remnants from last week's Stamp Camps. Here's my card:

heh heh You see, one of my SU customers once told me that putting irreverent sentiments on really pretty and froo-froo cards has a certain element of surprise to it that might be appealing. Oh, boy, was she right. One time a customer picked up a really pretty card, read the sentiment, said, "Oh." and put it back really REALLY quickly. :) So anyway, that's the tactic I took here. And except for the sentiment, this card is all SU, including that button that I found in some Holiday buttons from last year.

Since I was on a roll, and all my papers were out, and I couldn't decide which dusty sentiment to use, I made another card, too. Same layout, just different words:

I'm actually sold out of cards that use these sentiments. I can't keep up with my public's demand for snark! I'm only one person!!!!! *dramatically wipes brow*

Now it's your turn! Go into your stash and find a funny sentiment, or do something funny with a non-funny sentiment, or print a funny sentiment on your computer (I do that all the time). Then use it on a card and link up to us over at Shopping Our Stash so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I love how your beautiful cards just sneak the snark right in there and then POW, in the face! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! My tummy hurts from laughing at these sentiments! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these sentiments & you are so right....it's such a surprise to pick up a totally pretty, elegant card and then have such a fun and snarky comment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 'em. You are the Queen of Snark and I bow to you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i saw this in the SOS lineup i thought, "let's just call it 'leslie week' to save time"!!! :) :) :) b/c i *KNEW* of course you'd run rings around anyone who even thought of participating, i just couldn't wait to see HOW... and, my dear, you did NOT disappoint!!! looooooooooooove♥LOVE♥love these! and YEAH... the combination of the pretty pretty papers with the snarkolicious sentiments makes 'em EVEN BETTER! ♥♥♥♥♥!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, funny sentiments! My fav is the second one...suits me to a "T"! And in response to your query about the paper I used on my latest Jingle Belles card...Yes, I'm sure it isn't SU! paper, cuz I don't own any paper from SU! at all...maybe Martha got her inspiration from them? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)