Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hambo Hoedown #27 - Tic, Tac, Toe

I decided to play this week's Hambo Hoedown early so I have a full week to remember to email them my card. :) This week we got this image to use (free if you played last week and remembered to email them your card):

That's Little Indian. Isn't she cute? (I assume it's a she ... ) This week's challenge is called Tic, Tac, Toe - Three In A Row. We were given this grid:

and were supposed to pick a row, either vertical (up/down), horizontal (left/right) or diagonal, and we had to use the three elements in that row on our card. I opted for the left vertical row, so I had Ribbon, Die Cuts and Buttons. Here's my card:


I'm pretty proud of the stash involved here. The DSP are long-retired SU papers, and I thought the turquoise would be nice with the image. I used one of my not-yet-put-away-cuz-I've-run-out-of-room Nestabilities to die cut the image. I colored my own ribbon a la Mary Dawn's method. I started with the brown, then applied some Turquoise in the spots that didn't get fully inked. Then I tied a button around the bow. [ruh-roh... buttonS means more than one. I may be disqualified. :|]

The most difficult part of this was the sentiment. I chewed on it for a while, then asked Lisa (of Papergrace Designs) if she had any ideas. This sentiment was her idea, so she needs to get the credit for it here. *waves towards the Left Coast*

I'm off to link up this card over at the Hambo Hoedown, and also email it to them so I'll get next week's image. :) Come on over and play! The water's just fine!

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: Lisa is in week 4 of her giveaways! Check it out and leave her some comment love! Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. Really cute Leslie! I like the distressed look of the background & ribbon. And the sentiment is great; you know, I almost included that sentiment with the image, because whenever I act like an Indian, I pat my mouth and say "Hi, how are ya, hi, how are ya..." I don't do it TOO often though! LOL Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dyed ribbon is GORGEOUS with the distressed background paper. Woot woot for you, Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super cute!! And your ribbon is GORGEOUS!! Just the perfect compliment for your awesomely cute image. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! Love the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lil girl..soc cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ribbon looks awesome! Love your layout and design too! Great Hoedown card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ribbon. Glad you didn't put that Nestie away 'cuz it looks great with this image & the turquoise. Thanks for joining the Hoedown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how the DP looks like birch bark.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your ribbon :) So pretty! and the die cut edges look great! Thanks for playing in the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card! I really love the multicolored ribbon. Great DP too!

    Thanks for playing with Hambo!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)