Saturday, August 6, 2011

Market Update (8/6/2011)

Happy Saturday evening! It was kinda hot but mostly humid for today's farmers' market, but there was at least a nice breeze, so people were out and shopping. Let's jump right in to some pictures!

Some of those tiny watermelon(s):

Tomatoes:

Roma tomatoes:

Yellow tomatoes:

Tomatillo (not tomatoes):

Sweet peppers:

(ugh) Okra:

Someone was actually filling a huge bag with this and smiling! (I don't understand.)

Cucumbers:

Summer squash:

Zucchini:

Bell peppers:

Eggplant:

and a VAT of basil:

Jalapeno:

HOT peppers:

People bought bags of these, too. (Don't get that, either.) However, I'm pondering Jerk Seasoning. Farmer Mike suggested I wait until he has some dried peppers on hand. Hmmm, must investigate options.

Watermelon:


Once again, these flew out of the bins today.

And tiny melon:

Some of these are palm-sized. And sweeeet. I got one that will walk if left until tomorrow. Mmmm.

(Sudden change of focus...)

The rock lady had the cutest critters! This is a gopher:

and an owl:

and, in the Crooked spirit, Flintstones' characters painted on ... wait for it ... flint stones:

(snicker)

Back to produce ... I sat next to Farmer Margie today and these peaches:

until I was compelled to buy some. OMG, so good.

Onions (orn-yons, with a nod to Justin Wilson):

Farmer Katie had these handsome yellow squash:

and (ugh) baby okra:

cute little tomatoes:

and lots of fruit:



and pretty Zinnias:

Over at the flower tent, I saw these:

HOT HOT HOT peppers, which is why they are ornamental.

And these, which are not daisies, but the name was a mile long and my grey matter couldn't retain the words:


I do remember they are in the Black-eyed Susan family, and look, their centers are raised up:

For a cheap thrill, hover over that picture and look at it's name (as stored on my computer). :)

Cockscomb:

and my flower arrangement:

Lovely!

Ready for the doggie portion of the show? For starters, here's a handsome dude:

a teeny tiny cutie:

and the Pug from last week, only from the front this time:

Okay, now for the clever idea of the day: one of our jewelers made some chandeliers for doll houses:

Isn't that a cute idea?! Think of the possibilities. Oh, and she made the blue glass beads.

And last, but not least, is the color combo du jour:

(Yeah, I know, it's out of focus, but you get the idea.) This is a scarf being made by the rock lady, and I saw lime, turquoise, tan and off-white. Look for this on a card of mine, coming soon!

Okay, that's all I have. Thanks for reading this far! And I hope to have something crafty for you Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Handsome doggies! And the doll chandeliers is a cute idea. I wonder if there's much of a market for that? Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of pics and commentary! Love your market posts...makes me sad though we don't have squash and okra here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Farmer's Market updates. I would have been eating peaches all day long!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)