Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday Mashup #21 - Bossy & Sketchy

Every week I check out the Friday Mashup in my Google Reader challenge blog section, and I just never get to them. But THIS WEEK! Ahhh, this weekend we anticipate a visit from Irene, so the city canceled the farmers' market and I actually have TWO WHOLE DAYS to craft. Sweet.

This morning I straightened my desk a bit from last night's VSN activities, and I set in to work on this week's Mashup challenge:

We could use the sketch (sketchy), or use dry embossing (bossy), or combine the two. I ended up just doing the sketch. Here's my card (sorry for the glare):

I still have a pile of Graphic 45 cut-outs, so I started with those. I like most of the characters, but the ones I have left are one's I'm not so sure about. I didn't see how I'd ever use those "Magic of Oz" pieces, for example. Well, you know what? Put two of them together and you have that vertical element for the sketch! And I declared the "Magic of Oz" to be my sentiment, too. I cut a scrap of black with an MFT doily die (loooove that one) and cut out one of the Oz characters for its center.

You may not be able to tell from my crack photography skillz, but the black horizontal element is a combination of a strip of card stock and some black lace (SU, retired).

Okay, I'm off to craft some more. VSN starts at noon, and I have a few more challenge cards to crank out before then.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wow...kinda vintage Halloween-y! What fun! Great use of some unique elements! So glad you joined us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great elements on your card.. I love that paper with the ghost on it. This came out great! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That range of paper is fabulous Lelsie and you've used it so well on your card. I really like the doily die too, so very pretty.
    Nice to see you playing along with us at the Friday Mashup.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, original and artsy! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paper with the ghost and I agree with Kim--this card has a great vintage Halloween feel to it!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)