Monday, August 1, 2011

Stripey Star

This past Friday night was a Mini VSN (Virtual Stamp Night) over on Splitcoast. I like the minis because it's just one night and I don't feel like I'm missing out on all of Saturday when I'm not home.

The theme of this VSN was Rodeo, and the hostesses came up with some really great challenges for us. The main thing about the VSN challenges is you must complete them within 45 minutes. I know, I know, who can make a card in 45 minutes?!?! Especially in MY world, where that time includes finding the stamp set! But I managed. :) And the whole point is to get you to think outside your normal box and try new things. Oh, and it doesn't need to be 45 minutes from when that hour's challenge is posted. You actually have until some time on Monday to post your cards. You are on the honor system for that whole 45 minute thing. AND, you can play whenever you want to later, too.

I played 5 of the 6 challenges between the hours of 5 and 10 pm, and I plan to post the resulting cards so you'll have something to see while I suffer from a major lack of mojo. I hope you'll understand.

Moving right along, challenge 3 was to use AT LEAST FOUR BRIGHT COLORS on one card. ACK! Bright and I don't get along. But my brain went to this card (via this Paper Crafts Online post) I had identified as a very cool technique, so I used it as inspiration for this:

I cut thin strips from pieces of Melon Mambo, Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow and Bermuda Bay and stuck them side-by-each to a scrap, er ... remnant of something that was smaller than that top layer of white. I punched the star out of the white and lined up the stripey piece under it. Rounded two corners, added the sentiment, and ... at the last second I remembered I was also supposed to pop something up on the card, like with dimensionals. DOH! Since it was technically pretty much popped up already with that extra layer under there, I called it DONE. It's posted here on Splitcoast.

That's all I have. I'm going back in to try to create something, but if you see another VSN card later this week, you'll know why. :) Oh, and tomorrow is the next SOS challenge, so please stop back and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)