Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hope

I ... don't know what came over me. I got my new WPlus9 dies and I just had to play. My Basic Grey Out of Print paper pack was still out (duh), so I made it ... wait for it ... (gah) PINK! I DID! I don't even think it will fit one of the HYCCT challenges past or future, but I still made it. I think I might have been half asleep from the effects of my much-needed massaaaage. Yeah, that's it.

So here's my card:

 SEE?! PINK!

I die-cut the hope from a pink-ish piece and the heart from a cut-off of the background. It seemed kinda lame (still does, sorta), so I cut it five more times out of some packaging, disappeared the packaging, stacked them up, and voila: dimension. See how thick it is:

And the pink ribbon just seemed right. It might be a bit wide, so I may change it up, but pink is still the right color.

Even though this does not fit a specific challenge, it will still go into my pile of cards to send to the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. :)

So, have you played any of the HYCCT challenges yet? We're a fun bunch. :) Come play!

Thanks for stopping by!

Items used but not listed below: SU pink satin ribbon, GinaK white card stock.





9 comments:

  1. you made your own thickers! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piiiiink! I love it. Actually thought the heart was cut out since it matches the background, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, post-massage brain is the best brain -- even if it does lead to pink!

    My gracious but that background paper is beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "pink is still the right color. "

    I hear crickets chirping.
    And the earth is tilting.
    AND I think there are 4 horses sitting out on my lawn...

    I think you might still be sick ;)

    I love this card - that fabulous HOPE stack, and Out Of Print pink is a pink I quite like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, L, with the perfect amount of GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very pretty. Sometimes pink just cannot be avoided. I love the DIY Thickers, too, and I am jealous about your very neat knot on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card! perfectly pink to me! I also love hte heart-as-middle-of-o... and the paper too. must look into acquiring..

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfectly lovely card :) I love the chip sentiment. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink is not my usual color either, so I undestand you! But this card is lovely! Just the right amount of pink. I love how thick you made the die cut!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)