Sunday, October 7, 2012

More Sketches

After my card-making marathon yesterday, I started a few more, and finished them up today. I wanted to try another of the Hero Arts October sketches:

This time it was the one on the bottom left.  I had my Basic Grey Green At Heart paper pack out, and since these aren't my favorite colors, I wanted to disappear some of the papers.

Here's one of the four cards I made:


Instead of punching out half-circles, I opted to add black half-circles, and this gave me a place for some purple pearls. :)  I also added a veneer heart to the bottom panel since it seemed nekkid.

Here's two more:

I managed to destroy one of the green pieces, so I tried the papers on orange. I think these papers are very Halloween-y, but ... well, it is what it is.

And the fourth of the four:

I think I like this one the best.

While I had the papers out, I also made two of these:

which sorta follows the OWH sketch #61:

Did you ever notice how much PINK is in a lot of the Basic Grey papers? So why did I buy this pack? Well, I used to be on a "I WANT THEM ALL. ONE OF EACH, PLEASE." list at the LSS, and I got one of each Basic Grey 6x6 pad as they were released into the wild. I eventually stopped that, as my paper collection was growing faster than I could use it, but I still have all of them. I'm just now looking at them and wondering what I was thinking, and I'm trying to use them up. This effort today used about 6 of the 36 pieces in the pack. Yes, I have a ways to go.

The winner here is OWH, as they will get all of these. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Items used but not listed below: Basic Grey Green At Heart 6x6 pad, SU Lucky Limeade card stock, SU Basic Black card stock, SU 3/4" circle punch, Recollections pearls.



5 comments:

  1. I actually purchased that collection at ACMoore, but I think I have used it once? I really like the colors for springtime, but yet it is not one of my go-tos, like Urban Prairie. Hmmmmm...lots of inspiring cards here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these too! I love that collection by Basic Grey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappearing unloved paper -- heck, both you and OWH win this round!

    I've got a particularly vile dull yellow-green that I'm going to try to disappear in my next project. It actually wouldn't go badly with the colors you've used here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used nearly this whole pack up right away - that weird piece you've used on the top, the ovals? That piece I hated. The rest I went to town with. I'm not sure what I would do with it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those! I like the black circles and the patterned paper combinations. I never really noticed how much pink there is in the BG papers - probably because I like pink. Gah!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)