Wednesday, October 24, 2012

HYCCT1224 - Kissy, Kissy

My pal Libby is hostessing today's HYCCT challenge over on Splitcoast. She has asked us to use the Kissing technique, and I knew exactly what I'd make. This:

Yes, I know, it's gah PINK. But I have to tell you that one of the colors is almost orange - it's Cameo Coral, and I know it probably doesn't go with Melon Mambo, but it does now. Here's how things went down:

1. Ink up a detailed line-y background stamp with the darker of the two colors (I used Hero Arts' Lace bg and Melon Mambo ink). Leave this face-up on your table.
2. Ink up a solid stamp with the lighter of the two colors (I used Ornate Blossom and Cameo Coral).
3. Huff a little on the background stamp to make sure it's nice and moist.
4. Stamp your solid stamp onto the background stamp, then immediately stamp it onto your card stock.

What happens is the darker color will transfer onto the solid stamp and leave the line-y pattern. See:

I've done this in pinks here, but I've done it before with ... thinking ... one of the colors was River Rock and it was mostly green. Maybe the other color was in the red family. I'll come back and edit this when I find my old post. ETA: It's here. It was Poppy Parade + River Rock. I also tried a few other color combinations. :)

Oh, and those shiny spots above are where I added Glossy Accents to the stamped image.

So, are you playing along with the HYCCT challenges? Hmmm? There's no time like the present to start. We'll be here all month, and you'll have until Nov 7th to mail your cards to the Cancer Center. 

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What do you mean it doesn't go???!!! I think it goes!!! Your card turned out wonderful, and that damask looks BOMB with the kissing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kissing is such an awesome technique -- a simple idea with just fabulous results.

    (I guess, for HYCCT, I can forgive you for the pinkness.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it works in the right balance? Hmm :)
    I think I might have to start calling it gah pink too. Makes people wonder, especially when you do it in person ;)Love this GORGEOUS flowery flourish stamp, and that sentiment. It's such a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! You can really see the kissed image!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)