Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Neon Play

I started this card last night, but as sometimes happens, I had to walk away and let things digest. This morning it came to me, and I finished it, quite differently than it started out. :)  Here it is, then I'll explain:


It all started with this, one of my first double chevron attempts:

Ugh, still playing with lighting and camera settings, sorry.
This one actually lined up so well, I used my gelly pen to put dots in the junctions. But I set it aside and it languished until I got the idea to stick it to a piece of SU Melon Mambo card stock. That's where I left it last night.

This morning I decided it was too much Melon Mambo, so I cut it down to just an edge, and left most of the card white. I thought the "dazzling" sentiment was a good fit, and I busted out my neon Copics to color the gems. Note: They leave a flat finish on the gems, not shiny. I remember this now since I've used them before.

Today, in between loads of laundry, I think I'll do a few challenges. I'll be back if I actually finish anything share-worthy.

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. More enabling with the chevrons! I love this card - you're a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. As a fan of vintage sewing stuff, it makes me thing of rick rack / ric rac trim, which is some of my favorite stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)