Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Crafty Projects, Part Fourth

For my next set of crafty projects from this past weekend, I bring you a mass-production of cards for OWH. One of the things I brought with me was a pack of MAMBI* cards that I thought was just plain card stock when I bought it. Since I'd have to cut them to use the fronts and backs as just panels, and that smelled like work, they have languished in my craft pile for a YEAR. I finally used most of it this past weekend.

I first cut all the cards into two pieces I could use as layers, then cranked out a bunch of these:


Then I switched sentiments and made several of these:


I got all crazy and swapped the papers here:


(I like to live on the wild side.)

Then I made some of these:

 and some of these:


I was short on the solid papers, so I just put a small piece at each end to conserve paper. No need to have a 5"-long strip behind that chevron paper, right? It really stretched my supply!

I still have some of the papers left, so I'll make some more once I unpack. HA! (unpack)

Then I discovered some old SU card kits I'd packed, and I made some of these:


The medallions are embossed and very textural. The kit came with labels, but I must have used them for something else, so I stamped the sentiment right onto the card front. How bold of me.

The next batch was from an unopened kit, so it had the labels and I used them:


I also had an SU kit that had really REALLY nice weight cards, like letter press weight and texture. I no longer have the stamp that was sold as a companion with the kit, but I managed to find a Hero Arts stamp that fit:


I thought I was being so clever in stamping the sentiment in Delicata Gold (truth be told, I wanted to touch the Delicata again - so yummy!), but it looked not so good, so I switched to dark brown for the rest of them:


The pack of cards also had a yellow version with an oval space for the sentiment, and I made it fit:


I am so happy I disappeared so much card stock! And all these cards will go to OWH, so BONUS!!!

I'll be back in a bit with some more of my weekend projects. Thanks for stopping by!

*MAMBI = Me And My Big Ideas

Products used: SU card kits, MAMBI 24 cardstock cards, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. OWH is lucky to have you as one of their card makers - these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with how you can just sit down and rampage through a pack of paper and make it disappear. Mostly I'm okay with the using it up part, it is the sitting down and doing it that grinds me to a halt. I love your bold graphic cards and so wild of you to switch it up like that. So thrilling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)