Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Another Sketch Challenge

Yes, my friends, my Google Reader continues to grow uncontrolled. I've recently stumbled upon Kathy's Waffle Sketch File challenges, and here is the current one (not expired, I KNOW!):

 I played with this one over the weekend and made some pretty trash. Then I flipped it like this:

 (they even provided the sketch flipped like that - how nice!)
and then I got a clue. I wanted to make a Christmas card for someone at work, and this is what came out:


I actually had that whole card horizontal, and I just wasn't feeling the love until I flipped it 90 degrees (yes, Carla, that's math!) I also had that piece of silver cord positioned under the silver snowflakes for the sketch, but I didn't like it, so I took it out and made it a bow instead.  The papers are pieces of my Memory Box Yuletide 6x6 pack, the snowflakes are Ranger foil sheets cut with MFT snowflake dies, and the sentiment is from SU - I silver-embossed it to go with the snowflakes.

Oh, and make sure to stop back later today, say, oh, 5 pm-ish. I have a little something-something cooked up. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU silver cord, SU sentiments, SU silver embossing powder, Bazzill white card stock, misc bling.






6 comments:

  1. +This is beautiful - I love the way you've used the sketch.

    Thank you for using The Sketch File to make your lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very purty, love it! SParkly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- yes, it is math. In my mind I would just say I turned it, not flipped 90 degrees! Hehe. great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and Sparkly - and no washi tape in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card turned out great! I think you've used some fab papers, and your card is perfectly sparkly with the silver details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! The gems in the center of the snowflakes really help them pop. Also, the colors are fabulous and I love how you changed the orientation of the original sketch. Thanks for sharing your project with us at The Sketch File.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)