Sunday, December 16, 2012

Birthday Banners

When I spied the current Cardabilities challenge:

I knew I needed to play. I have the Simon Says Stamp ribbon banner die, and I've never used it. It was time. Here's my card, then I'll explain:

Yes, I'm still trying to use up my Basic Grey Lemonade papers. I cut two strips with my SSS Ribbon Banner Die, then cut a piece of the yellow paper with the largest of my Nestabilities Labels 17 dies.

The sentiment was actually the toughest part of this for me. All that froo-froo in the sketch gave me pause, and I wasn't sure what to do. I cut a few things that were either too big or too small for that spot, and I ended up with a Martha Stewart punch shape. It was still a bit too small, so I built it up with a button and a twine bow. I added another twine bow to the banners for balance.

In the end, it's not as froo-froo-y as the sketch, but I did it in the spirit of the sketch. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I've had enough of this (gah) pink for one weekend, so I need to put away that paper and move on.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: MS punch, Basic Grey Lemonade 6x6 paper pack, misc button.




4 comments:

  1. Nice save with the button and doily punch. I think it turned out very well, in spite of the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work with the sketch, even if you thought it was too froo-froo for you. Love that SSS ribbon banner die and how you tie them together with a bow. Thanks for playing along with us at the Cardabilities ♥ Malin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big pink (gah!) fan either, but I did love this paper pad...so much that I bought 2. I think this is a fabulous less frou-froo version of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, this is adorable! Such a great take on Karans sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities! Hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)