Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sketchy Love

It's December 1st, and that means the new sketch challenge is up at Artful Delight. Here is this month's sketch:

I took the opportunity to open up some of my recently acquired stash and break into it, so this card is partly play, but I mostly did stay with the sketch.  Here's my card, then I'll explain:

I cracked open my Basic Grey Clippings 6x6 pack (I know, I know, I said no more, but ... I am weak). The bigger deal here, though are the dies I used to make the curly thingie. Those are made with the LifeStyle Crafts Petite Petals dies. There are two of them in the set and they are about 12" long. HA, I kid. Maybe.

I cut the wider die from a black remnant, then the narrower one from a piece of the BG Clippings paper and layered it over the center. It's a perfect fit.

I trimmed the card by 1/2" on the open end so I could have the banner hang over for that element of the sketch. I used a scrap of SU Black Taffeta ribbon to anchor the banner, and used hearts punched with my trusty MS Heart Confetti punch for the other sketch elements.

This card is mostly flat, so it will go into my OWH pile that I need to get into the mail. I'll tackle that effort tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: SU black taffeta ribbon, Dymo Labeler, MS Heart Confetti punch.



8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Leslie!! I love how you used the dies and those hearts are so cute! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this months sketch and that BG paper collection is one of my favorites too. Thanks for joining us this month at Artful Delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the focal point layering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black elements on your card are striking against the patterned papers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like this...my favie part is the sentiment on that little label. Funny, I asked my husband for an old-school Dymo labeler for Christmas and he was like, the ones from when we were in school? Yup! That's what I want - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to build my comment around saying "those dies are TO DIE FOR" but that just seems like SUCH a corny thing to say, even for me, and robbed of that lead in, i'm really not sure how to start now, b/c just saying how lovely this is, or what a great combination of new/old stash, or the fact that you've ROCKED the sketch in a big, biiiiig way, just seems a little lame. so i guess i cannot comment on this one at all, which is a pity since it really is AWESOME! sorry, missus! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is amazing! Love this. Thanks for playing at Artful Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Artful Delight!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)