Sunday, December 23, 2012

More Bear Hugs for OWH

Yesterday I made a Bear Hugs card, hoping it would be a good one for OWH. I appreciate you putting up with my whining in that post. It was a loooong day. I did go back, though, and stamp that bear 25 times (or maybe 26) onto various Basic Grey Basics Kraft papers and fussy-cut them. Yes, in my world this appears to be easier than coloring, at least for now, and for mass production.

Here is one of the cards I made, then I'll tell you my story:


First, not one of these cards would stand up nicely to photograph, so they are mostly laying down. I even creased them with my bone folder, to no avail. I might have to sit on them to force them into submission.

So, I went into my Basic Grey 6x6 stash and selected papers from Hopscotch and Max & Whiskers. I cut them into 4x3, so I got two pieces from each piece of 6x6. I rounded all the corners and stuck them onto bases. I am waiting for my ream of Neenah Solar White, so I'm scrounging for white card bases. Some of these are Neenah, some are SU Naturals White, some are Staples 110 lb, and some are Neenah Desert Storm.

Here's one on the Desert Storm base:

The patterned paper was too white to put on a white base, plus I'm running out of white AND I wanted to try this Desert Storm. It's got a smoother surface than I'm used to with Kraft card stock. I think I'll play with white embossing on it later.

I cut up a piece of Staples white into 3/4" widths and stamped the sentiment on all of them at once. Then as I stuck on the patterned paper, I grabbed one, notched it, and stuck it on, too. 

Here's one with the Hopscotch papers:

It's more girly. And that bear and banner were strategically placed on this one. Okay, is it just me or does the name "Hopscotch" imply "children" to you, too? Yeah? Then could you tell me why the word "wanna?" is on this paper? Hmmm? I had to cover it up. *shakes head*

One more:

After I had all the papers and banners attached,  I added flocking to all the bears' faces. I did 26 of these and barely made a dent in the flocking container. That stuff will last me forever. I went back through my stack of cards and stuck a bear on each one with some foam adhesive. 

One more:

 I was going to round the corners of the bases, then decided against it.

Here's another boy-ish version:

I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. Now I need to go play some more. I've watched too many videos and pinned too much stuff on Pinterest, and the ideas are starting to leak out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products enablement list:
Paper Smooches Chubby Chum Pals stamp set (SSS | EH)
Memento black ink (SSS | EH)
Memento black marker  (SSS | EH)
Neenah Solar White card stock 25 sheets (SSS | EH) ream (SSS | EH)
Neenah Desert Storm card stock 25 sheets (SSS | EH) ream (SSS | EH)
Teflon bone folder (SSS | EH)
Fiskars paper trimmer (SSS | EH)
Corner Chomper 1/4" & 1/2" (SSS | EH)
Tonic scissors (SSS | EH)
Basic Grey Hopscotch 6x6 paper pack
Basic Grey Basics Kraft 6x6 paper pack
Basic Grey Max & Whiskers 6x6 paper pack
Stampin' Up! brown flocking (retired)
Martha Stewart glue pen
SU Naturals White card stock
Staples 110 lb card stock

6 comments:

  1. so cute. What a way to use up some BG papers too! Love that cutie bear. You win the award for mass-producer of extremely cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of fussy cutting! And they all look great - what cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am taking a break from my marathon cooking and cleaning in preparation for Christmas and was rewarded by seeing these adorable, fuzzy nosed bears! You have a winner with this design. It is worthy of the 26 cards in your mass production! Great job, Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So inspiring to get papers out and play. That my fave huggy bear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all super cute! Love the idea of stamping the bear on colored paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe the 'wanna' was leading to 'play hopscotch?' lol
    I find paper piecing easier than colouring most days too :) Love how these turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)