Tuesday, December 4, 2012

PDCC #159 Color Splash

I decided at the last minute to play the current Play Date Cafe challenge:

Black & White with a 'Splash' of MAROON

and I made this:

And yes, that black washi tape does look all worn out. It came that way. Truth.

I used washi because of this new challenge on the block: Keep It Simple. They are only up to challenge #2 and it's ... wait for it ... WASHI TAPE! BWAHAHAHA! I've got this locked up, people.

I stuck a bunch of the black washi tape to a piece of white card stock, and I even lined up the dots, I did. Then I die-cut it with the loooove die from my Wplus9 set of dies I enabled myself to need. I was originally going to use the negative of the word with the maroon tape behind it, but I liked the word itself better, so I had a sudden change of plans. That happens a lot in my world; I think it happens to most of us.

The three hearts were left over from another project and they were maroon, so ... yeah. Done.

Wow, 10 minutes, two challenges. Sweet.

Thanks for stopping by!





6 comments:

  1. Oh no, Mr. Bill, not more washi tape! I like it, the black polka dots and the red swirly dots go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. washi washi washi. Yeah, you did OK with this one. I like that "love".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, these changes happen all the time, I know that, too ;)
    Your card is a real beauty, I love how it turned out!
    Thanks for joining us at keep it simple!,
    smiles
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the worn out look of the black washi tape! You have created such a beautiful card with the different washi tapes ans all the white space (my favorite)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 minutes??!?!?! duuuuuuuuuude! you're SOOOOO totally KILLIN' ME here! either make something AMAZING like this *OR* be super-mega-ultra quick, k? b/c doing BOTH simultaneously is just freakin' me out!!! :) :) :) (ok, yeah, TOTALLY jealous; i predict this will win both challenges, even if they were EXPIRED ones, the sites will have to retro-actively reward your awesomeness!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. im glad you joined along because this card is awesome!!!!!!1 Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)