Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Birthday Cards for OWH

Today on Twitter, Carla and I were discussing the art of disappearing a 6x6 pad of paper. She mentioned she used the patterned papers first and was left with the solids. I actually do this, too (perhaps we shall call it residual hoarding), but I usually also have at least a few cut-offs from the patterned papers left.

Then she linked us to this sketch from the Paper Craft Crew blog that she was following for her own paper disappearing exercise:



and I got a clue for the next wave of cards I'd make. I didn't follow the sketch, but I used it as a jumping-off point for this:

A solid from the Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6 pack plus three pieces of cut-offs from the last batch of cards. They were 2" strips I cut down to 1.5", and I matched them up in threes the best I could.

Here's another one:

I decided to do the black layer again, and tied it together with some black twine. (Get it: tied? I crack myself up.) 

One more:

I realized near the end that had no idea what I'd do for a sentiment. I had that twine at the top, so I was kinda forced to just stamp at the bottom. Luckily for me, I had left enough room.

Now that I look at these, I think I should have put the center paper strip on top instead of tucked under. Oh, well. 

I ended up with seven (7) of these, and this is what I have left from that pack:


On the left we have the cut-offs from yesterday's adventure; center are the cut-offs from the patterned papers from tonight; and right are the 2" strips from tonight's solids. I also have two A2 sizes of the black paper plus two 6x6 of the white. Not bad. I have some ideas for these already, and I'll work on them later. Like tomorrow. Or Friday. Maybe. But I will not put them away. Nope.

So look for more creations as I continue to use up this paper pack. Almost done!

Thanks for stopping by!

Product enablement list:
Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments (SSS | EH)
Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink (SSS | EH)
May Arts black twine string burlap (SSS)
Tonic scissors (SSS | EH)
Teflon bone folder (SSS | EH)
Fiskars paper trimmer (SSS | EH)
Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6 pack
SU Naturals White card stock

3 comments:

  1. Love them! You are the master of 6x6 paper pad disappearing! I bow down to you, once more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Wendy, you're becoming the master at this. I love these cards, something about the layout and twine and paper and stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up, too! I really like the black layer behind the patterned paper, it frames it out very nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)