Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stampin' on Tuesday on Saturday

One of the multitude of challenges in my peripheral vision is Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Yeah, like I can get motivated enough to stamp when the challenge is posted. Pffth. So I tried stamping on Tuesday on Saturday, and I think I might have pulled it off.

Here is their sketch:


and here is my take on it:


Guess what was still out on my desk ... yep: the washi tape. I decided to put it on one of the lighter of the Pool note cards and used a piece of the Pool layering papers that was already cut into. No virgin card stock or papers gave their lives for this card. The base comes as a folded card, so it wasn't touched by a blade, either.

A scrap of white, a sentiment, a scrap of black and a scrap of twine - finished. In fact, this came together so well, I'm considering using the sketch to disappear some more paper to make OWH cards. Hey, it could happen. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Love this layout! Love the colors and now I NEED that washi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Washi. And I just got my Pick Your Plum baker's twine order. I may need to do a version of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bikes! My birthday is August 22... :-D. Love it, and great sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bikes! My birthday is August 22... :-D. Love it, and great sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bikes! My birthday is August 22... :-D. Love it, and great sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am partial to anything with butterflies, clocks or bicycles so this card is a hit with me. I am happy no virgin paper products were sacrificed for this project. You are so considerate today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol I loved reading your blog post ;). Sounds like my place. Your card is superb, I especially like the way you used the washi tape. I never know what to do with it. Thanks for the ideas & for playing along at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that washi, as soon as I saw it I thought, "yup, that was still out on her desk"! I'm the exact same way! And because of you dear friend, I also have an OWH pile for my flat cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on our sketch. The washi tape is a fabulous touch, I especailly like the pattern on this one. And really lovin' the black with the pool colored paper. Thanks for sharing you creation with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm doing challenges almost a week later too, so congrats for beating me to the punch! This looks great with the soft blues and washi tape! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card - I'm sure the recipient will be pleased to receive it. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a lovely card and NO cutting involved?! holy wow, a new personal best!!! love it, too, btw, and a great version of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, you really did pull it off. I love the tape! Great card, So glad you played along with us on Try Stampin On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)