Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stampin' on Tuesday on Saturday

One of the multitude of challenges in my peripheral vision is Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Yeah, like I can get motivated enough to stamp when the challenge is posted. Pffth. So I tried stamping on Tuesday on Saturday, and I think I might have pulled it off.

Here is their sketch:


and here is my take on it:


Guess what was still out on my desk ... yep: the washi tape. I decided to put it on one of the lighter of the Pool note cards and used a piece of the Pool layering papers that was already cut into. No virgin card stock or papers gave their lives for this card. The base comes as a folded card, so it wasn't touched by a blade, either.

A scrap of white, a sentiment, a scrap of black and a scrap of twine - finished. In fact, this came together so well, I'm considering using the sketch to disappear some more paper to make OWH cards. Hey, it could happen. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Danielle said...

Love this layout! Love the colors and now I NEED that washi

madamewong said...

I like that Washi. And I just got my Pick Your Plum baker's twine order. I may need to do a version of this.

Libby Hickson said...

Bikes! My birthday is August 22... :-D. Love it, and great sketch too.

Libby Hickson said...

Bikes! My birthday is August 22... :-D. Love it, and great sketch too.

Libby Hickson said...

Bikes! My birthday is August 22... :-D. Love it, and great sketch too.

Wendy G. said...

I am partial to anything with butterflies, clocks or bicycles so this card is a hit with me. I am happy no virgin paper products were sacrificed for this project. You are so considerate today :-)

paula said...

Lol I loved reading your blog post ;). Sounds like my place. Your card is superb, I especially like the way you used the washi tape. I never know what to do with it. Thanks for the ideas & for playing along at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Melissa Shea said...

Love that washi, as soon as I saw it I thought, "yup, that was still out on her desk"! I'm the exact same way! And because of you dear friend, I also have an OWH pile for my flat cards :)

Karen said...

Nice job on our sketch. The washi tape is a fabulous touch, I especailly like the pattern on this one. And really lovin' the black with the pool colored paper. Thanks for sharing you creation with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Carol L said...

I'm doing challenges almost a week later too, so congrats for beating me to the punch! This looks great with the soft blues and washi tape! Well done!

Paula Reid said...

Love your card - I'm sure the recipient will be pleased to receive it. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

lauren bergold said...

a lovely card and NO cutting involved?! holy wow, a new personal best!!! love it, too, btw, and a great version of the sketch!

MJ said...

Very, you really did pull it off. I love the tape! Great card, So glad you played along with us on Try Stampin On Tuesday!