Monday, March 16, 2015

Celebrate!

Here's another card I made on Sunday:


I followed the current CAS Colours & Sketches sketch:


This started out as a no-stamping project. I used papers from the Amy Tangerine Stitched 6x6 pad, and that green circle with the sentiment was on one of the pages with small snippets of papers. A total cheat.

Another cheat: that piece of paper with the small multi-colored circles is actually two pieces. I liked the pattern on one of the small snippets of paper, but there was no full page with that pattern, so I cut out the snippet rectangle and cut it into two 3/4" strips. Since the circle was going to cover it, the seam doesn't show. In fact, I left some space between the two pieces to make it a bit longer. Now you know.

I felt so badly about not stamping that I went back and added a stamped sentiment on the left. I used my MISTI to line it up and get it stamped straight.

This is a great sketch to use up strips of paper you may have stored in the front of your 6x6 paper packs!

Thanks for stopping by!

UPDATE: My card won Top 3 at CAS Colours & Sketches!



Stuff I used: remnant of SU Basic Black card stock, and the following:




10 comments:

  1. I like the sketch and the card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - I love the coordinating dots on the paper. I will have to remember the rectangle stretching trick you used - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boldness of the orangey dots and the black elements provides a really nice contrast to the pastel colors. I like that you rounded the corners to play along with the circular element. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Love everything about your card and especially the stretching your papers trick - do that a lot myself! Thanks for playing at CC&S.
    By the way your blog name is great - it would suit me perfectly, I'm the queen of crooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch...and telling your secrets...whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That you for going back in and adding the sentiment in so "certain people" won't get their panties in a wad. LOL! Fun card. I've done your cheater method/quick tip thing before. Shh.... don't give away all the secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love this sketch - you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous take on the sketch. I love those colors. Great way to use up those leftover pieces we all have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely leslie. Love that you used up scraps too! :)
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to make the most of your stash! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S Leslie. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)