Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SOS #191: Not-So-Heavy Metal

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's title is Not-So-Heavy Metal, and we'd like you to use your oldest hardware.

For my card I chose to use two eyelets:


You can also see I was using paper stash. I had two strips of that green paper laying on my desk, and I wanted a green layer over the dark grey, so I just used the two strips with a grey border around them to make it look like I did that on purpose. :) No one will ever know, except that I just told you.

Those poofy cloud stickers were also out on my desk, mostly because they didn't fall into a nice category in my "I'm trying to be organized" craft room. The colors of those stickers actually drove me to pick out the green papers from the same heap.

Once I'd placed the cloud stickers, I saw I had room for a sentiment across the circle, so I opened and used my Tim Holtz Just Sayings set. I actually use the MISTI to line it up, too, for which I'm grateful. It's not that I couldn't stamp it straight (I'm getting better, you know), but I was pretty sure I wouldn't get a clean first impression, so using the MISTI let me stamp it several times to get a good, dark image. 

I was following the current Sketch Saturday sketch:

And yes, those clouds make this card unmailable except probably in a bubble envelope:


But those clouds are off my desk, and there are two fewer eyelets in my stash. Only 645,496,345 to go.

I think you need to go take a good, hard look at your old hardware collection and come play along with us this week at SOS!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Basic Gray card stock, SU eyelets, Pebbles Cloud Layered Embellishments, and the following:



11 comments:

  1. Until you said it, I thought you added the two strips of paper on purpose! Love those fluffy clouds and how they just magically match that paper! And, two more eyelets used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, loooooooooooove EVERYTHING about this!!! especially that you can stamp on PLAIN WHITE PAPER and not put smudges everywhere! perhaps someday that will cease to impress me, but not yet, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS!!!! The colors and those clouds are absolutely yummy AND you're really, really, really making me want that Misti tool now! Yep, it just went on the wish list! Love your card. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Leslie, I Love those clouds and somehow the eyelets too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card! Love these colours and your clouds look gorgeous! Great sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, man, am I ever with you on your summation of the hardware you have left to use, Leslie! I'm proud of you for reducing the stash like you did and I just love your design take on the sketch and the coloring of this card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, love the poofy clouds awesome job with the sketch. Great use of what is on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why I never bother organizing... there is always something that refuses to be categorized. So why even start? And you of course could have just fooled us and told us you used two paper panels to be artsy and edgy. Whatever, it all works! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the papers and clouds are all matchy matchy! Great job...I have LONG since given away all my eyelets, I never could set them properly, even with a crop-o-dile
    Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I think you might have accidentally counted my eyelets for me :) This is awesome - those clouds just wanna be touched!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your felt clouds! I haven't used eyelets for ages - they look fabulous here! Such a great card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)