Tuesday, March 17, 2015

SOS #193: I Made This

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's title is I Made This, and we'd like you to make your own background. One restriction: you cannot just stamp a background stamp. Nope. You can use use collage, paint, ink, tape, stamp, stencil, or even alter patterned paper with doodling. There are so many possibilities!

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


This started out as a stray piece of water color paper on which I'd used a stencil and white embossing paste. I took that and put a different stencil over it, then selectively sponged with two colors of ink.

I trimmed it up, put it on a Hero Arts note card, then added the sentiment on a small strip of water color paper (I like my whites to match). The few enamel dots you see hide the most egregious schmears of ink where I wasn't careful enough while sponging.

I think you should play along with us this week. Why not stop by the SOS blog and check out what my teammates have made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: tiny square foam adhesive I picked up at a stamp show, and the following:



9 comments:

  1. i love the look of this & i love it even more to know that the embossing paste background was a "leftover" and you were able to sit down with totally different stuff and make it into something completely different! (ps: i wouldn't have guessed the enamel dots were not on purpose!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have said before there are no mistakes, only opportunities for embellishing. Awesome background I have not tried embossing paste or stenciling. great use of leftovers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the look of the color over the embossing paste. I almost ordered that zig zag stencil the other day...or maybe I did. I'm still waiting for SSS to SHIP my order from the 11th. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great texture and color layers, another piece rescued and given new life~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought to use a stencil and embossing paste, then go over it again with ANOTHER stencil! How brilliant is that?!! Love how your card came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful fusion of techniques! Beautiful design!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna touch it. Like, a lot. :D love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your background on this Leslie! So pretty! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)