Sunday, March 15, 2015

Laughter

I haven't stamped for a week, and I was feeling withdrawal pains, so I took my most recent list of challenges into the craft room. Then this happened:


I combined the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


with the now-expired City Crafter Challenge to use washi tape.

I broke out my stack of My Mind's Eye Coral & Aqua washi tape, and used the bold chevron as my main vertical piece. I added the skinny piece of aqua because the chevron looked lonely.

For the horizontal element, I used another piece of skinny coral tape with arrows. For the circle element, I stretched it a bit because I wanted to use a sentiment from my Paper Smooches Uplifters set. It was pretty wide, and I didn't want a circle that large, so I just partially cut it with a stitched circle die and lined it up on the arrow washi tape.

I kind of like how this one turned out. :) Only 345,654 miles of washi tape to go!

Thanks for stopping by!

Edited to add: This card was selected as a favorite at Freshly Made Sketches!








9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, you really rock the reds and teals like no one else. Top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, so clean and fresh! Beautiful color scheme and fun use of the little arrows with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget being a washer woman, you can be a washi woman! So much better. Fabulous card! As soon as I saw it I thought, "Bitch, be making me look bad with her washi tape." Yep, I really thought that. That card ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the colours and that colourful paper! Great sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crisp......clean.....and oh so lovely! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is totally fabulous! I adore the white on white with pops of those modern colours and stamps! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is utterly CASlicious, Leslie! I love how sharp it is!! Congratulations on the well-deserved win from FMS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)