Sunday, March 22, 2015

Washi CASE

When I find myself low on mojo, which has been the case for the past few weeks, I look at challenges and troll the blogs in my reader to look for some inspiration.

Today I saw this card on the Love My Tapes blog:


and I got a clue! Heaven knows I have enough washi tape, and I even have THAT washi tape.

I started playing, and then I realized the full-card dies I have are ... um ... full card, which means they are 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I normally work on 4" panels so of course all my taped panels were too small to fit behind the die-cut pieces. Drat.

Once I figured that out, though, I was better. Here are the two cards I made ...

First, one using the same tape used on the Love My Tapes blog card:


and next, one that uses some MME tape in my favorite colors:


I thought I wanted to go back and fill in a happy and a birthday in a darker color, but in the end, I just decided to leave them alone.

I may have found a way to disappear a lot of washi tape! Oh, the possibilities!

And a bonus for me: This is the first time I've used this background die, even though I needed to own it when I first saw it, at least a year ago. It was still in its original packaging. This qualifies me to enter my cards in the current NBUS challenge over at Darnell's blog:


Wow, I've made two cards this weekend. See what I mean? No mojo. I sure hope I snap out of this soon, as I've got a crafty weekend coming up. Maybe the other ladies' mojo will be contagious. I sure hope so!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Washi tape from Recollections, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. These two cards are awesome, Leslie! I love this technique and will definitely give it a try ~ I have so much washi tape hoarded in baskets :-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative...great case! You sure have inspired me to go get another look at my dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these look great. I hope your mojo returns soon, in time for your crafty weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! Love using my washi tape and always looking for new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards and I love the background die - I'm sure you'll use it a lot more times!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! And short of slipping rolls into random people's bags, a great way to use up some washi tape to boot. Sorry about the no mojo thing. It does allow me time to catch up on your blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these cards, I have no full bg dies, this is such an interesting look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't even know how much I love these, Leslie! It would also be another way to use up patterned paper! Think of it!!!! I have so bookmarked, pinned, and sent myself email (like that works) to move this to the top of the to-DJKASE list. I know you have passed it on and I will pass it on from here! Whoot! Oh, and what about those holiday cards for mass production? Oh, yay, baby! Thank you for this and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)