Thursday, March 12, 2015

Playing With Foil

On my recent crafty play date, I brought along some foil and sticky things to play with (with which to play).

First I made this card:


The idea for this card came from one of the Online Card Classes I took.  I started by sticking a small piece of Stick It paper to some white card stock. Then I die-cut the hello out of it, and also cut a bunch of white ones.

I put a ruler across a white panel, and stuck the Stick It paper hello to the panel using my Zig glue pen. I then removed the protective layer from the hello, cut a small piece of teal foil, and laid it across the sticky surface, pressing it down a little.  A little burnishing and I peeled off the foil to reveal a shiny hello!

I then lined up the rest of the hellos, sticking them down, one at a time. It's quite tedious, I must admit.

Because of my aversion to white-on-white, I added some more foil down the left edge, but this time I used a piece of Sookwang/Be Creative tape. I then added the white panel to the card using foam tape.

Here's a close-up of the shiny:


For my second (and last) foil card, I tried different widths of Sookwang tape on a diagonal to make this:


That top panel started out with three strips of foil: Rose Gold, Teal, and another Rose Gold. Did you know it's possible to over-burnish this stuff? It is! The bottom strip of Rose Gold had to be sacrificed, so in an attempt to not lose the whole thing, I cut the panel.

Then it looked dumb, so I added more gold to the card base. Not sure if that was a good idea or not.

There was so much shiny, I went with a white die-cut and made it three or four layers thick. After I added the panel to the base ... so. much. white. ... I added a few white hearts.

Here's a close-up of the shiny:


I decided I like the different widths of tape/foil, so I'll probably try it again.

I have one more card from my crafty play date to share, maybe tomorrow. :)

Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the shiny foil. I have some and need to get busy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shiny!!!! White on white makes me nervous too but the white on white with a sudden pop of SHINY foil--now that's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white on white, and that bit of teal stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't played with foil. May have to try it. Your cards look sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie, you much have been top in that class because you got it down pat. These cards are just lovely. Wishing you a fun day.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)