Wednesday, March 11, 2015

CSSC #2: Mid-Challenge Post

Hello there! Thanks to all who have played my current sketch challenge so far. We're mid-challenge, so I thought I'd make another card. Heck, a sketch is a sketch, right? :)

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I'm kinda proud of this one. That Happy Birthday background piece was in my UFO pile, left over from back when I made the pattern with marbles.  All I did was trim it down and layer it for the main image, then I added the dude sentiment to make it more for a young man.

And it really does follow the sketch, even if the main section is a rectangle and not an oval. See:


Be bold! Mix it up! Let's see what you can do!  :)

You can enter up to three times, so get craftin' and come on over to link up. The link-up is open through the 21st.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Any guy would love this bright, fun birthday card. Going to work on a card for the challenge today. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool background and a very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes my brain impresses me. Right away I recognized that background as the marble technique. It is great for a birthday card--like confetti streamers thrown everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marbles really do make for one cool background! I love this masculine birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this technique of yours, so artsy. Great colors and perfect man/boy card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)