Thursday, March 5, 2015

You Old Goat

HA! I love that sentiment. While searching for something else today, I pulled out my Simon Says Stamp Birthday Farm Animals and dies and I used them! Here's my card, then I'll explain:


Not only did I initiate a stamp and die, here, but I totally hacked the set's sentiments to make my own. I selectively colored the sentiment parts with my black Memento marker and stamped them onto remnants of white card stock. I then cut them out and just stuck them onto the card front. I think I might even get away with that, too!

I colored the old goat with several Tx Copic markers, used an RV for his tongue, and some brighter colors for the cupcake. I wasn't happy with the brightness of the tongue color, so I went over it with the T1 marker to tone it down. T = Toner. Get it? ... *ahem*

I rummaged through The Heaplet until I found this blue-grey piece of paper that didn't clash with the greys I'd used on the goat and the bright colors of the cupcake. I do tend to make life difficult by stamping and coloring without a net, but I don't think I'd have remembered those wood papers were in the back of the bin if I hadn't been so desperate, so it's all good.

I have a crafty date planned this weekend, and I hope to rediscover some of my mojo. I do miss it so.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Basic Gray card stock, mystery SU DSP from The Heaplet, and the following:




7 comments:

  1. So cute! Great sentiment and I love that dp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. I've yet to use that image and have it too. Great way to do the sentiment.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I might have to steal this sentiment! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, I have this set too....and I want to use that sentiment...but I think my friends and family may not have my sense of humor about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do hate it when mojo goes on walk-about. This is a fun little card though, the wood background goes good with your age-impaired goat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been boycotting SSS since the blog keeps crashing my computer every time I try to open the email. But, I gotta say, that goat and the sentiment speak to my snarky, sassy heart! LOL! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)