Thursday, October 29, 2015

Another Kindness Card

I don't usually make mushy cards, but the soon-to-be-released Hero Arts Kindness set has grown on me. I just used it again to make this card:


I followed the current Fusion challenge:


and included the poppies with the sketch.

My first thought was to use my Poppy die as the floral sketch element, and to cut an oval in the front panel. For a subtle background in the oval, I used another of my Gelli plate pieces I made last month. There is some shimmer in the Gelli piece you may be able to see here:


Or not. I think this is the second impression from another printing, so it's quite light. I love that you can get a second printing and use up the remaining paint. Cleanup is a breeze!

I cut a black oval frame for the opening using two sizes of Spellbinder's Petite Ovals dies. I colored the poppy die-cut with Copics, then stuck it to the front of the card, overlapping the oval opening.

I used my MISTI to line up the sentiment. I didn't want to lose all my hard work, and I know me pretty well: I'd totally stamp it crooked if left unattended. Plus, the sentiment overlaps the poppy's stems, so I needed to be able to re-stamp if I didn't get a good impression. I did end up stamping it twice.

I like how this turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Update: This card won an Honorable Mention at the Fusion challenge! Whoot!



Some of the stuff I used: Copics (R08, R14, R21, G24, YG63) Spellbinder's Petite Ovals (large and small), SU black card stock, Gelli plate panel, Memory Box Prim Poppy die, Hero Arts Acts of Kindness stamp set, MISTI.

The Hero Arts Acts of Kindness stamp set will be available Nov 1st. Please follow Jennifer McGuire's blog for the details.

13 comments:

  1. I like your interpretation of the sketch. The poppies look great in front of the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love how you coloured the poppies! I would now have trouble seeing this challenge any other way than your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! I love the colored panel behind those pretty prim poppies! Such a thoughtful card to send!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant! I love your use of black to make everything pop, and your oval paper and poppy die cut are so lovely!! Thank you for playing along with the Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this turned out too! Very brave of you to stamp over that die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous take on the challenge Leslie, its fresh and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab colouring and Gelli background Leslie! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This beautiful. You should do mushy more often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, kind of mushy but I'm glad you aren't sending me hatred and angst.... although the day has been oddly lacking them. I like how subtly colored that oval is. It looks almost water colored.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! And a great job combining both the photo and the sketch. Your gelli plate background looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! And a great job combining both the photo and the sketch. Your gelli plate background looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)