Saturday, October 17, 2015

Don't Drink and Fly

This witch has to be one of my favorite Halloween stamps of all time:


I thought she was lost. I've been tearing my craft room apart looking for her this week, and I finally found her last night. She was right where I put her about two weeks ago. I took her with me to my crafty weekend, and I never got to her, so she sat in my unpacked area. Maybe I should finish putting things away. Or not. If I do this right, I won't ever need to unpack. There was at least one bag I brought that was left untouched from the Spring, so with the right planning ...

Where was I? Oh, the witch. She is by A Muse, and I got her a looooong time ago, when you could still buy A Muse at your LSS. And yes, I fussy-cut her, You can tell by looking at her paws.

But first, I needed a background. Her standard background is the wall stamp from the now defunct (that's such a harsh word ...) the no-longer-in-business Hanna Stamps (no relation). I stamped it in Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink and clear-embossed it. I then water colored over the bricks with both Distress Weathered Wood and Aged Mahogany. I wanted a dirty red wall, and I didn't want to color each brick. This worked out pretty well.

I was following the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


My top rectangle was turned 90 degrees, but otherwise I think I was pretty true to the sketch. I had to cut slits at the top and bottom of the wall to feed the ribbon through the panel. That ribbon is from a hoarded collection of black lace I got from SU when it was offered many years ago. I will never run out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: A Muse Witch Crash, Eat Cake Graphics sentiment, Hanna Stamps brick wall, Distress ink in Weathered Wood and Aged Mahogany, Distress Water Color card stock, Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink, SU lace, Copics (E40, N1, N2, N4, YR18)

10 comments:

  1. Love it! The background is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!! I love this card! That witch! The brick wall! That sentiment! Snarky perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That witch is fabulous! And I love the scene you've created for her. Too funny! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed just looking at the thumbnail on my feeds...lol what a fabulous stamp, sentiment and card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a fun image Leslie! LOVE it!! Thanks for making me smile! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE!! I love her splattered up against your brick wall! And the bit of black lace is a fun touch! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Hilarious and so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a hoot! The brick wall looks great the way you've colour-washed it. I miss Amuse...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)