Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Two Happy Birthdays

One of my goals during last weekend's crafty time was to use stuff I have that I've never touched. One of those things was a 12x12 pack of SU DSP. I broke it open and made two cards. Here's the first one:


I die-cut a circle out of the front panel, and stuck a piece of the pretty paper behind it. The sentiment and strips down the sides were cut from a piece of DCWV shiny paper. Maybe you can see some of that (and the shiny gold in the DSP) here:


Or not.

Here's the other card:



It's exactly the same except for the paper. There are shiny balloons:


Now that this paper is open, we'll see if I use more of it. Could happen.

I have a few more cards I made last weekend, and I'll share them soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU DSP, Paper Smooches die-cut Happy Birthday, SSS Stitched Circles, DCWV Citrus card stock mat stack (blue foil).

4 comments:

  1. Now this is the way to make shaker cards! Well, faux-shaker cards. You should definitely use more of that paper, it's awesome! Great cards, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive birthday cards... An idea...used a colored card stock front and partial diecut the sentiment of faux partial cut it and then the pretty festive paper behind...what do ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and festive. I think have that paper unopened in my stash too. Hmm....and there it shall remain. At least for now.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)