Friday, October 23, 2015

Fat People

I've been digging through my wood stamp drawer, and re-discovering some of my older irreverence. This card needed to be made:


Yes, the lady with attitude is back! I used two pieces of left-over card stock, one for the orange panel and one for her housecoat.

I love that this sentiment looks like a ransom note. :) I stamped it with Memento Luxe black to get a deeper black. My dye ink wasn't cutting it, and because it's a wood-mounted stamp, I couldn't use my MISTI to over-stamp it. I let it air dry ... no embossing this time.

I followed the current CAS Colours & Sketches sketch:


I've done a few more challenges, so I'll bombard you with those posts shortly. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used:  Lady image from Eat Cake Graphics, sentiment from River City Rubber Works, card stock remnants, Memento Luxe - black (for the sentiment), SSS Stitched Rectangles dies, Copics (0, E00, C3, RV11), SU Kraft card stock.

9 comments:

  1. LOL, too funny. Love that gal. Paper piecing is perfect for her housecoat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is laugh out loud! I agree, the ransom-style sentiment adds to the fun, and it's amazing how much interest a textured cardstock panel can add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!! This just cracked me up, and I laughed even more when you mentioned the sentiment looking like a ransom note! Too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card and original use of the sketch. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Leslie, it's so sweet of you to resurrect this stamp that I modeled for back in the last century! You might not believe this, but I actually made that house dress. I still remember how I didn't have quite enough material and I had to piece another pattern into the back. Heck, I figured if I couldn't see it, it didn't bother me, right? Kinda like I feel about my rump! Anyway, thanks! I like the way you backlit me, too, with the pretty orange texture panel and love that so-true sediment! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I keep eating---to deter kidnappers. Love the card. Darnell is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie! How fun to see you joining us at CC&S - I've missed your sassy cards! This is a fun one. I agree that the ransom-note look of the font is perfect for that sentiment. Thanks so much for joining in our sketch challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great fun and a different use of the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that the sketch inspired your irreverent side, such a funny card, love the sentiment/ran some note. Thank you for playing along with the sketch challenge at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)