Sunday, October 4, 2015

I Want To Be You

aka: More Birds

Yesterday I had the dilemma of coloring an embossed image. After several failed attempts, I got a clue and cheated. I had been playing with my Gelli plate, and I had a ton of pretty painty backgrounds:




So I stamped the image onto one of my Gelli plate backgrounds. Instant color.  Here's that card:



This is a fun leaf from a set that my pal Mary Dawn made me need. It's designed for WOW by her pal Maya. The set was in my basket of USE IT ALREADY stamps, so I did. :)  And I really like how the leaves turned out. I could never have colored them like that.

What does this have to do with birds? Well, one of the ladies here at my crafty weekend took one of my bird stamps and white-embossed it, then colored it with colored pencils. It is gorgeous, but it sounded like work. What did I do instead? I stamped it onto another Gelli plate background. This is the resulting card:



I am so lazy. 

I followed the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


The "white space" on this card doesn't bother me as much since it's Kraft, and not white. Also, I used purple, which (in my world) is only one notch above (gah) pink, which I also used. Purple and pink - what is happening to me?!

There's also a little blue here and there, left over from a previous print. Good thing I'm not a purist.

I think I'll try to design a Christmas card. Didn't I say that yesterday? It may happen tonight. Or tomorrow. Maybe.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Stamp images by The Alley Way Stamps


6 comments:

  1. Using your gelli plate background and embossing over the top is genius! Fabulous cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way of using those backgrounds!! There is so much interest in that flower and that bird that a simple kraft background works perfectly. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go laziness! I'm pro lazy! I like your two cards and how they were colored. I gotta give you that--you can't get that kind of coloring with pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, try some gold embossing over those backgrounds...maybe for your Christmas card. Would love to see that. Looks like you had a fabulous crafty time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautiful effect.....beautiful result! Fun birds! So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making the gel prints is way more work than using, say, patterned paper, so not lazy at all. Creative even. Especially when the end product is great cards. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)