Tuesday, October 6, 2015

SOS #222: Birthday

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Birthday, and we'd like you to use something from your oldest birthday stash. It may be a stamp, or paper, or an embellishment.

For my card, I used a very old sentiment stamp:


I masked a piece of water color paper with painters tape, and used Distress inks to paint the background. I flicked some water on it to make spots, stamped the sentiment, and stuck it on with foam tape.

I couldn't find paper or card stock to match the blue, so I made my own with more of the same Distress ink. For my last act, I added a few pieces of Martha Stewart star confetti.

I'm sure you have ooooold birthday supplies in your stash. Why not dig them out and play along at SOS?

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. What a clever and punny sentiment for a pretty birthday card! Oh wait.........I think I hear the "Boss" singing that song now........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sentiment Love your home made paper, fabulous idea. your mind must be spinning with crafty ideas 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yowza! the sentiment is PERFECTION... but then you built a fab card for it, too! (love those tiiiiiiny stars!!!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you, I changed by blog email to my gmail one so in theory you should receive email notices of my fine and informative, even witty, comments. Love the red, the white, and the blue for this Born in the USA card. I do have some old birthday stash! How did you know? Have you been peeking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he he that sentiment is awesome! Love that if you don't have matching paper you just make your own! That's a dedicated crafter right there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quite love this sentiment. Even though I personally would have little use for it. But your background work really makes the card. And the confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously an awesome sentiment stamp and all around card! You you MADE your own paper to match! How cool is that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sentiment is just far too awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)