Sunday, October 18, 2015

Make A Wish

This card started out as something else entirely. That happens in my world quite often.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I started out following the current Impression Obsession challenge to make a mostly blue card. I pulled out my pad of MME Teals and chose this triangle piece. I decided to follow the current Nacho Average Challenge sketch:


For the oval sketch element, I found a die-cut next to my Big Shot, and it was the perfect color for that patterned paper. I'm telling you: all you neat people don't know what you're missing.

I die-cut a white circle for the center of the blue piece, but I discovered I don't own any Impression Obsession sentiments that would fit, and they require you use only IO images and dies. #FAIL Forget that I'd used an MFT die, too. Geez. So I used a Hero Arts sentiment that was a perfect fit.

Along the way, though, I tried four or five IO background stamps for the white card base. I was going with very, very light inks, but they were all too busy with that paper. Once I blew off the IO challenge due to lack of sentiment, I decided to just splash some ink onto the background. I used three Distress inks (blue, green and yellow), smooshed them on an acrylic block (my craft mat is MIA), spritzed them with water, and flicked some onto the white panel. I like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Distress Ink (Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers), mini mister, MME Teals paper pack, Hero Arts It's Your Day stamps, SSS Stitched Circles. The blue doily was cut with an MFT Dizzy Doily die from (I think) Bazzill card stock.





5 comments:

  1. I have that die and I just love it. Your circle in the center is the perfect size and I love the splatters of different colors. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft swirls on the die against those triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS perfection, and way to use your UFO doily that went perfectly with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your cards start out one way and then zoom off in another direction. I can totally relate to that since that pretty much describes my life. Anyway, the rounded doily looks cool with the sharp triangle angles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice of the IO challenge to inspire the colour of your card. It ended up working really well! And I like the splatters.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)