Tuesday, October 13, 2015

SOS #223: I Can See Clearly

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is I Can See Clearly, and we'd like you to use acetate on your card. You can make a shaker card, use an acetate card base, or use another method to incorporate acetate into your design.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:



My acetate is the piece with the aqua stripes. You can see it nekkid at the bottom of the card (where one of the colored lines hides an unfortunate shmear), and in the center, it's placed over a colored green background.

I used Distress inks and blended the green area behind the circle. I also colored the edges of another white panel to give me a matching layer. Well, it matches the green, anyway.

The sentiment was die-cut three times and glued together. I think I managed to stretch the Y a little when I glued it down. Sigh.

The circle looked empty, so I stamped, colored, and fussy-cut these cute critters from the Paper Smooches We Adore You set. I stamped the image over the acetate with Staz-on ink to get the eye lashes for that guy on the left. Bonus: his eyeballs are connected, so they were much easier to cut out and to glue into place.

So, got acetate? I think you need to use it on a project, then link up over at SOS.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Paper Smooches We Adore You stamp set, We R Memory Keepers Acetate Pad, Distress Twisted Citron ink, SSS Stitched Circles dies, Memory Box hey die, Staz-on ink.

9 comments:

  1. Great use of that striped acetate and good call putting those monsters on it. love the HEY and wouldn't have noticed the Y if you hadn't said something so had to go look. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a pad of acetate somewhere in the universe? How cool! What a great card. Love those critters and how you used the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! So your acetate has stripes on it then? Pretty rowdy! I made a bunch of clear cards once, loved them and vowed to make them a habit.... yeah, didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE little critters on a cute, cute card! Love the greens in the acetate too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, patterned acetate. On the diagonal and then you mix it up and use it horizontally, too. Nice! Love the cute monster critters as well. I think my stamping stash needs cute monsters, must work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little creatures in the window are cute. Great way to showcase the acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i looooooooooooooooooooove those monstas!!!! this is awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun fun fun, love that circle with those cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! Monstahs!! Love your use of acetate!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)