Saturday, October 17, 2015

More Night Skies

I'm still working on my night skies techniques, and I still need a lot of practice, which you'll see momentarily.

One thing I did figure out was I can do color challenges with blended night skies, and just change the colors. I am so lazy.

You may recall from my last post that I thought I'd lost my favorite witch stamp, but it has been found. It was in a clam-shell box with a few other seasonal A Muse stamps, so I've used one of them on these cards.

Here's the first card:


This one uses predominantly orange, purple, and black for the current Just Us Girls challenge:


I started with the orange in the center, added a dark blue to blend it, then finished off the edges with a deep purple.

The cat and moon are on the same stamp, so I masked the images to stamp them separately. I colored the moon with Copics. I was going to stamp the moons separately to color them on white, then fussy-cut and glue them in place, but I tried coloring over the background first, and it's passable, so I didn't bother coloring the white ones.

My second version of this card uses (gah) pink in the night sky:


This is for those crazy ladies at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, who asked us to use pink on a Halloween card:


I actually colored the moon with pink Copics, but I think it blended into the night sky too well. Oh, wait, I meant to do that. It's a subtle moon.

After final assembly, I decided to add in some stars. A stencil seemed like a handful on a finished card, so I went with Liquid pearls:


They look odd, as most of them have what I'll call nipples. Oh, WRONG CHALLENGE! We're done with b00bs, right? :/ Anyway, I am Liquid Pearls-challenged. I can sometimes get it right, but apparently not today. Again: passable.

I made another card using another A Muse image from that box. That post will be up shortly.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some of the stuff I used: Mama Elephant Purrfect Pair (meow), A Muse Black Cat on Fence, Distress Inks (Salty Ocean, Dusty Concord, Picked Raspberries, Spiced Marmalade), Liquid Pearls White Opal, SSS Doll Pink card stock (yep), and Copics.


6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh a beautiful Halloweeny sky and it's PINK!!!!
    I knew you had it in ya :D
    Thanks for coming back to the sisterhood for our Pink Halloweeen challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first card you made! Such an eerie inky sky! And: You did it!!! You used (GAH!) pink on your second card! (Goodness, that had to hurt! LOL!) Awesome cards! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Us Girls and also the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pair of these Leslie! I think the pink looks amazing too! LOL Thanks for taking the time to join us at Just Us Girls...we sure do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek! Cats and pink and purple!!! Nicely done. Glad you're joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You CAN do pink! I think it looks amazing in the night sky. Thanks for hanging out with the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)