Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Kit Card

I made a card from the Simply Sent Medallion Medley kit from the Occasions mini catalog. These things are too easy! I fell in love with this kit card because I love the medallion and these are embossed:

And different sizes. And different colors. And I didn't have to stamp them and have them come out unevenly inked and messy. I know when I'm beaten. This card is a "win" in my world.

The sentiment is from the Say It Simply set that is sold in the mini catalog right next to the card kit:

I put the sticky labels on the wood blocks, than then I decided to cheat. Think of it as a Bad Demo moment. I wished these weren't wood-mounted, because you need to stamp them on the labels that come with the kit, and I wanted to be able to see what I was doing. What to do ... what to do... I know I could use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, but I was feeling ornery and didn't want to use it.

Cling! I have cling sheets! I put the two die-cut rubber stamps (THANK YOU, SU!) onto the cling sheet and cut them out carefully with a craft knife. Voila - stamps I could use on an acrylic block:

See the labels that come in the kit:

Like I could line that up with a wood-mounted stamp. I know me pretty well, and that wasn't going to happen.

I declare this card #1 for my March Stamp Camps. Yeah, I have a long way to go, still. Three more cards. I've got LOTS of time. ;/

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous! I purchased these cards too, but my labels are die cut badly and the chocolate lines are nearly cut off on one side. Yours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)