I'm soooo excited! Look what I earned:
Yep! I played last week's Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger with this card, and I was selected as one of the Trigger Targets! You know what that means? They liked me! They really liked me! (Sorry, channeling a little Sally Field, there...) I'm just so excited and honored! :):):)
They cleverly posted that information under this week's trigger so we'd be influenced to play again. It worked. Here is this week's Tuesday Trigger:
My brain saw apricot and pink flowers on a pale green-ish chair. I knew immediately what I'd use to make this card, but I needed a sketch to get me started. This was it - Sketch 105 from Card Patterns:
Poifect, so I got to work and made this:
Okay, now let me explain:
1. The main thing I'd like you to notice is those very pretty paper roses. I got two packs of them when I was at Mike's last week, you know, buying things I didn't need. One was a pack of 3 shades of yellow, and one was a pack of three shades of pinkish-orange. I thought they'd be just the thing for this card, and also it totally justified my purchase.
1.5. Now that I look at my card, I realize I should have used two of the pinkish-orange instead of two yellow. Oh, well, I still like it!
2. The pretty scallop-y border is my new MFT border die. I was going to use the large matching circle die, too, but it was too big. :(
3. Those papers are from a pack of Kaisercraft papers I still have out. I finally put them away when I finished this card. I need to move on.
4. I used those circle Nesties and actually took the time to figure out how to emboss the larger one. I likey.
5. The sentiment is from my PTI set called Daily Designs Sentiments (maybe an anniversary set?)
6. The cool thing about the flowers is they have floral wires attached to the backs. I just cut one off the bunch in the package, leaving a little bit of the wire on it, poked a hole through the card front where I wanted it, stuck it through, bent the wire back and taped it in place. No worries about how to make them stick! Yay!
That's it - it actually came out almost like the idea in my head. AND, I get to submit it for two challenges. Sweet.
Thanks for stopping by!