Saturday, March 12, 2011

Good Thing I Work Well Under Pressure

I have been a busy, busy bee today! Tomorrow is the first two of three sessions of my March Stamp Camps, and while I thought I was ready, I was not. Not not not. It all started when I wanted to re-do the second card in this post to add a blue layer. That worked. See:

Supplies (all SU): Stamps - Teeny Tiny Wishes; Card stock - Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Subtles DSP; Ink - Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait; Other - Little Leaves sizzlit die, Peach Parfait ribbon, Jumbo eyelet, Crop-o-dile, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Basic Pearls, Sticky Pages.

I like it a lot better with the blue layer. The problem(s) I ran into were (1) I don't think I'll have enough of that peach ribbon for as many people have signed up, and(2) two different actions required at the Big Shot auxiliary station. I was very sad, because this is like the trifecta of Demo cards. We have Big Shot, we have techniques, we have the Crop-o-dile. I think it's just too much for one card when there's three more to make.

Now that I just typed that, I could have saved myself a lot of time today if I'd decided to only offer 3 cards instead of 4 since this one is sooooo busy. Oh, well.

So I had to make up a replacement card. This was it:

Supplies (all SU): Stamps - Clearly For You, Bring on the Cake; Card Stock - River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze; Ink - Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi; Other - Baja Breeze Seam Binding ribbon.

I broke all sorts of personal rules to buy this set, the most serious one being the 50% rule. I do not like 50% of the images in this set, so I shouldn't allow myself to buy it. But buy it I did, and ONLY for those birds. But I like the flourish-y stamp as a background for them, so that's two images ... Oh, and the card base is River Rock, which I hoarded when it retired and squeeeeeeeee'd over when it returned. I love River Rock.

Then crisis #2 hit: I was going to use another card kit for one of my four projects, but I didn't buy enough of them, so I needed to scrap that for this month and make up another one. I went to my CASE THIS inspiration folder in Google Reader, found this one, and made this as my inspired version:

Supplies (all SU): Stamps - Sweet Summer (SAB), Teeny Tiny Wishes; Card Stock - Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Ice Cream Parlor DSP (SAB); Ink - Basic Gray, Melon Mambo; Other - Elegant Lines embossing folder, Modern Label punch, button from Ice Cream ribbon & button pack (SAB), Old Olive and Melon Mambo markers, Certainly Celery satin ribbon.

Not that I didn't like her colors (I actually LOVE them), but I decided to use more of my 35432 pieces of Melon Mambo card stock, so I changed the colors a bit.

Speaking of satin ribbon, I also measured, cut, labeled and packaged the recent Satin Ribbon - Just the New Colors Ribbon Share:

Isn't it scrumptious? Mmmmmm, ribbon...... So a new Ribbon Share has started for the Satin - Just the New Colors. Also, the Seam Binding Ribbon Share filled up fast, so a new one is open for that, too. I've updated my Ribbon Shares list. Just email me if you're interested in any of them. As soon as one fills up, I'll let you know so you can pay me. I order them with my monthly Stamp Camp orders.

That's it for now. There's kits to make!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. That Easter card is the best. It's a promise of spring and colorful and bright and makes me want to go out and buy a HUGE bouquet of flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...you could have cut the leaves for them, then let them do the embossing. I like the new card better though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stamp camp. What perplexing news... It's a good thing they still let you make cards after they throw you in the Stamp camp... ;>

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that card is amazing with the ribbon flower!!! I actually prefer the original (no blue), but they are both knock-your-socks-off gorgeous, L!

    I like your birds and background too; how did I miss that set? Maybe that 50% rule a wise friend taught me :)

    Good luck with your stamp camp! No worries about the multiple Big Shot station; it happens at Sue's all the time and always works out. Your peeps will be too busy having fun, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, love the ribbon flower, so sunny and happy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)