Sunday, March 6, 2011

{This Post Has No Clever Title}

I really should listen to my customers. They are so smart! If I had just re-created the card in the Occasions mini as requested, I wouldn't have made a 3-pound card earlier today. But noooooo, I needed to make my own. So I went back this afternoon to try the one from the catalog, and here it is:

I really like this. Way better than the first one with a bazillion layers. I may go back and make a few changes, though, like extending the sentiment tab to the right edge of the top layer before I put it through the Big Shot with the embossing folder. And I might sponge some Crumb Cake around the edges of the top white layer, too.

For my next trick, I tried to CASE this card because I looooved the flower she made. Here's what I ended up with (so far):

I like her layers, but there are so many ... I might see if I have any Bashful Blue DSP (almost typed Bliss Blue ... couldn't think of the name of the new(er) color ... gah!) and add it as a layer between all of that Peach & Pear and the white card base. Aaaaand, I can show The Ladies how to ink up the embossing folder and get the colored dots. So fun!

What I also like about all four of this month's projects is all the ones that use the Big Shot use the same setting with the multi-purpose platform and cutting plates, so I can use it for multiple projects and not have to mess with changing the configuration. Less work for The Ladies at the Big Shot station, less work for me to prep, and The Ladies get to use the Big Shot for different things all on the same day! That, my friends, is a Good Demo moment.

Now that I have ALL FOUR of next weekend's projects designed, I'm going back in to work on some bloggie challenges!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)