Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Better Rich

I've decided to try some gluten-free recipes to see how my digestive system handles them, and if I feel any better than when I eat gluten-laden foods. Unfortunately, I'm not doing a controlled test. Nope. I'm not going 100% gluten-free. Rather, I'm introducing some GF (I'm tired of typing it) dishes into my non-menu to see how I take to them. You see, GF generally replaces flour and grains with nut-based products, and nuts and I don't do well. I also can't be a vegan because I can't handle beans or soy. Yes, I'm high-maintenance, but not in your usual way.

So ANYway, I decided to start with a dessert and tried this recipe for Raspberry Coconut Almond Cookie Bars. Let me tell you: they are to DIE for! Caveat: I did not use the special butter replacement, because in my world, there IS no replacement for real butter, and since I'm not a vegan, I. Don't. Care. So yeah, I made these and, well, let's just call them what they are: Butter Cookies With Some Raspberry Jam and Coconut and Almonds. But I will say that the coconut flour smells divine, and I'm sure it contributes to the yumminess factor after you get past all that butter.  Mmmm, butter.

Speaking of rich, I received my new GinaK goodies tonight, and just had to play with my new Girl Talk set. It haz some new snark. Lookie:

The set is this rectangle with the young lady and a bunch of sentiments. I love that each sentiment fits in the space next to her inside the rectangle. I did use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to align it, just to reduce the crooked factor. The two papers are from one of the new GinaK patterned papers sets, and the twine is from a Twinery sampler I split with one of my peeps.

I think I'm going to like this set. A lot. :)

In other news, don't forget the Mini VSN over on Splitcoast is happening this weekend - Friday, Feb 10th. Challenges will be posted hourly between 5 & 9 pm Eastern Time, but you'll be able to play any time over the weekend. Check the forum for the shopping list and details. The main VSN will be March 9th & 10th, so mark your calendars! I'll be hosting one of the March challenges (squee).

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! :) I'm with you...mmmm butter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's a SET where you can swap out the sentiments and things?! YIKES! now that is a verrrrrrrrrrry cool idea and of course it is PERFECTION for you, both in terms of style and JOKES! (though this one just seems to be a true statement as far as i can tell. also coffee, for the "richness" imo, but yeah!!!) :) :):)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)