Tuesday, February 14, 2012

SOS Challenge 39 - Metal Mania

It's time for another challenge over at Shopping Our Stash! This week's theme is Metal Mania - use something metal on your project, or use a Dilly Beans image. Think brads, eyelets, snaps, library clips, or other hardware!

Here is my card:

I doubled up on my hardware. The butterfly eyelets are from a package I bought years ago and have never used. Now I've used 3 of them!  As an experiment, I wanted to see if a brad would fit in the opening/center of the butterflies, and they did, so that's 3 brads gone!  I like how it makes the colors pop, too.

Here's a close-up of the eyelet + brad:


 I based my card on this sketch (now old) from Clean & Simple:

I only used three images instead of four - I thought it looked better that way.

Now it's YOUR turn! Go into your stash, dig through all your metal embellishments and sheets or whatever, use it on a card, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. what a great card just flat-out... but then it's ALSO a brilliant use of eyelets and brads (i now want to search my stash for ones that will thusly double up!!!) AND a great version of that cool sketch! AWESOME!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to combine the eyelets and brads. I remember when eyelets were IT, and I still have lots of them somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the sketch you followed, but even more so, the genius idea to use a brad inside a brad! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your take on the sketch to use 3 images instead of 4, and those butterflies and brads really do make those flowers pop! NJ!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)