As I typed that title just now, I had a flash-back to early Thanksgiving dinners where we kids got to fight over who would split the wishbone. That was also a time when there were family members who liked the dark meat of the bird. Now that I am (supposedly) all grown up, if I cook on Thanksgiving, it's just a turkey breast, usually boneless. Even at gatherings with friends, where there might actually be even part of a bone-in bird, I can't remember anyone doing the wishbone thing.
Sadly, I just looked up the wishbone Thanksgiving tradition and the first hit was a sponsored ad for Wishbone salad dressing. Therein may lie all of the answers.
So, as I perused the challenges today, I saw Shari Carroll has a new color coordinates post up over at Simon Says Stamp:
and I got an idea.
I was just whining about how I don't like to follow the crowd and do red + black + white as a classic look, but I did the other day, anyway. It still bugs me.
So I made a card based on Shari's colors, but I mixed it up a little, too. :) Here's my first card:
I followed a now-expired but still lovely MFT sketch:
Since Shari's color coordinates were the greys plus a splash of color, I made my card all grey with just a small circle of red peeking out. I thought the card was boring, so I added some enamel dots on the bottom left, too. All better.
I also played the current Addicted to CAS challenge to use dots:
I suppose I could make a case that the enamel dots are also dots, as are the circles (very big dots) and the dotted-edge banners. I think I'm covered.
Never one to leave well-enough alone, as I cut things out I did each step three times, because I had three ideas. While Shari's splash of color was red this week, last week it was blues:
and since I'm in a blue rut these days, I made the same card as my first one, but replaced the red circle with a blue one:
Again, I thought it was boring, so I added enamel dots.
Then my third idea combined the first two:
Since I stamp without a net, adding the red circle to this one made the piece too large to fit on the right side of the banner, so I moved it to the left side. This also eliminated my feeling of "it needs something", so no enamel dots here.
Except for all that die-cutting, these three cards came together pretty quickly. That makes me happy. :)
Thanks for stopping by!